Monday, April 02, 2012

JDBC-ODBC Bridge Example

I was recently asked how to use the JDBC-ODBC bridge. I told the person asking that "normally" you would want to use JDBC, and that the Sun developed bridge is not really for production use. I was reminded that there are some old databases out there which only support ODBC connections from Windows.

I wrote a quick example of how to use it which I thought I would share. I had to think about how to do it since it has been so long since I did such a thing. There are two examples of how to connect: one example is a "standard" JDBC connection, and the other takes advantage of the DataSource abstraction.

Note: I created an ODBC connection in Windows to the database called JDBCODBC for this example to work.

Here is the NetBeans code for the project: JavaJDBCODBC.zip

0 comments :

Popular Posts