We will be adding the following file license-bsd_3.txt. The license file must start with the prefix license- and end with .txt.
- Download license-bsd_3.txt, or create your own.
- Open Tools → Templates → Licenses
- Click Add and add the license file. It will be installed as license-bsd_3.txt
- Click Rename and rename the file to BSD 3-Clause License.
- Create a new Maven project. Open the properties for the project and go to License Headers. Select use global license and select our new license.
- Create a Java class and the license should contain our new license.
UPDATE: I was asked via twitter about the organization property. This is set from Tools → Templates → Settings. Add a property called organization.