Monday, October 09, 2017

JAX-RS 2.0 Tip of the Day: Using MOXy and Forms Example on GlassFish 5.0

Glass Fish
I have been tasked with doing some JAX-RS coding during my day job. I wanted to update my skills for JAX-RS which is one of my favorite technologies. I specifically use Jersey which I find very well done and easy to use. As a number of you may know... I am a GlassFish fan too (one just needs to look at my banner). I decided to use my trusty NetBeans 8.2 install to write a quick example.

MOXy is enabled by default if you add the dependency to your Maven project.


This is a great feature, and I wanted to give it a spin instead of using Jackson, or Jettison. The usage was as simple as adding a @XmlRootElement annotation to the model class. The rest was handled automagically.

The entire project including a war file are available on Github: jaxrs-form-data-parameters.

A simple platform independent file is used to setup the application.


We set up web resource (service) to handle our requests.


That's it! You now have a JAX-RS Web Service. The project runs successfully on GlassFish 5.0 (.war file on GitHub).

NOTE: MOXy has some issues running on GlassFish 4.1, 4.1.1, and 4.2.

0 comments :

Popular Posts