Monday, August 02, 2010

What is CollabNet Subversion Edge?

What is CollabNet Subversion Edge? It is beta software. I watched some nice video presentations, and was very excited to try it out. Well it does not offer support in beta on Mac OS X. It does offer support for Windows... figures. I would like to see support for Mac OS X. Linux support is awesome, but there is that other 1/3 of the current computer market that uses Macs.
Subversion project visualization image.Image via Wikipedia

After my complaints about Mac Support, I am not sold on their concept. It looks like a nice convenience, but most of the admins I know are competent enough to set up Subversion, and ViewVC on their own. The other items like LDAP support seem like nice value add items. I am not sure that I want a black box which does updates running Apache in my domain. I like to know how it is configured, and that the security is set correctly. I don't want to have to worry that modifying it will break it. That is just me.
Enhanced by Zemanta


Popular Posts